Wednesday, January 14, 2009

banksy

what alot of ppl dont know about me is that before i started djing, i was really into graffiti,
i still am, just dont feel inspired or motivated enough, or have the time to sit down and do a piece,
but i love art,
i took my love for graffiti and took art classes for about 3 yrs, painting classes, where i learned contrasting colors, shading, effects etc.
art classes gave me the view in things i have now, makes me appreciate art alt more than i did before.

i grew up looking at pieces from tats cru, daim, can 2, cope 2 (which i met when he was here), chuck (who did the tattoo on my right shoulder) and banksy

his work wasnt really graffiti, or murals, just a statement, heres a video a piece he did in jamaice that was cut up and now is being auctioned on ebay




The Afflicted Yard: The Rock from Rickards Bros. on Vimeo.